Hot water tanks are essential for every home as we use them on a daily basis for various requirements. Parker Plumbing and Heating Ltd. provides services for hot water tanks in Dartmouth, Halifax and the HRM. Our services include installation, maintenance, and repairs in Halifax and the HRM area. A hot water tank is a utility investment that will stay with you for up to a decade if maintained properly, so it is essential to focus on its maintenance and repair needs. They are available in a range of sizes, making it convenient for you to choose the one depending on your requirement. In addition to hot water tank repair in Dartmouth, Halifax and the HRM, you can also consider us for services related to gas boiler repair and natural gas heating systems. Learn more about these water tanks below.
How Does It Work?
Hot water tanks have a simple mechanism to heat your water. Cold water enters through dip tubes into the tank. Depending on whether you’re using gas or electricity, the water is heated by a gas burner or an electric heating element. When the element heats up, the water is heated along with it. The hot air generated during the heating process by gas burners is vented through chimneys. Hot water is then transported through your home across the heat-out pipe.
With the help of a thermostat, you can adjust the temperature of the water. Valves in the tank help regulate the pressure and temperature to ensure the tank doesn’t burst. The layer of insulation helps keep the water warm for a long time.
Benefits of Hot Water Tanks
Hot water tanks have many advantages, including:
- Sizes: Since they are available in varying sizes, you can choose a size that’s suitable for your usage. Larger tanks can store more water which is ideal for big families.
- Access: The storage tank can be connected to numerous pipes enabling you to access hot water from multiple taps across the house.
- Easy installation: Hot water tanks are easier and less expensive to install in comparison to tankless water heaters.
- Easier to maintain: Since hot water tanks run on a simple mechanism, they are easier to repair and maintain.
- Life span: These water heaters last up to 8 to 12 years.
- Store hot water for longer durations: You can enjoy an uninterrupted supply of hot water for longer durations with an insulated tank. This way you can save electricity and a lot of money.